Winter sports activities in Zell am See
There is also a wide range of alternative winter sports activities for non-skiers away from the slopes in the Zell am See-Kaprun region. The Zell am See holiday destination can also provide the following activities besides the many opportunities to spend some sociable evenings in cosy restaurants to make new friends and chat about the events of the day:
- Natural toboggan runs, some of which are illuminated in the evening, provide some real toboggan thrills for the whole family
- Ice skating on Lake Zell: when the temperatures drop below 0° and stay there for a while, Lake Zell transforms into a smooth rink; a perfect time to go ice skating together!
- Ice stock sport: this fun sport is of course a tradition in the mountains around Salzburg!
- Outdoor fun sports including thrills such ask snow kiting, ice karting, snowmobiling and snow quad
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride – Warm and cosy wrapped in blankets, this romantic experience will even excite those who don’t like horses!
- Archery – many courses are also open in winter and all “Robin Hoods” can enjoy some exciting hours in the fresh air!